Yesterday Derek Powers e-mailed to tell me he's postponing the Wednesday night TT by two weeks, so I decided to attempt a CompuTrainer "challenge" workout I dreamed up while procrastinating during exams. By "challenge" I mean that I wasn't sure if I'd be able to complete it.
The workout was 5x 6' @ 400W. I was pleased to not only do it, but to complete all the intervals in the aerobars. I tend to rise onto the cowhorns when the going gets tough--staying aero was a personal accomplishment. This workout is a stepping stone to another workout goal, 1 hour of 400W intervals. Then I ran to swim practice and swam with Corey who'd just gotten into town. Overall a very good day.
Duke 1/2 Preview
Today Corey and I got up and swam, made french toast, and went to Inside-Out Sports to pick up some swim gear and meet with Cid. Cid's a great resource for anything triathlon. We discussed the beach ride we're planning to do in a few weeks. and he gave me some tips about equipment and the Duke 1/2 IM course, and hooked me up with a race entry and some equipment.
I decided to preview the Duke 1/2 bike course. The course starts about 20 miles away from my house, a good warm-up distance. My goal was to ride the course at tempo and see what speed it worked out to be. I held 24.5 mph through the first hour with the HR under tempo, but then my cyclocomputer bonked so I'm not sure what my speed for the entire course was. I By the end I was exhausted, which reminded me I need to respect the course and make sure to fuel enough during long rides. Looking forward to tomorrow being a recovery day!
No comments:
Post a Comment